While our journey is just getting started, we're doing our best to waste as little as possible.
Our leather is from Italy and is dyed with vegetable dye in a non-chemical coloring process. We work with some of the highest quality leather suppliers to ensure our leather is top quality and made to last a lifetime.
Leather is tricky. It's hard to call it sustainable. While it has a reputation for being tough to produce and hard to recycle, we're working to find new ways to manufacture our materials more sustainably without compromising on quality.
100% RECYCLED COTTON
All bag linings and dust bags are made from 100% recycled material. We're also coming out with new 100% recycled products in 2019.
TOWARDS A BETTER FUTURE
To avoid excess waste, we keep our inventory lean and only do a few runs at a time. We expect you to buy your Steerage bag once and have it last a lifetime, ending the cycle of wasteful trend-based consumerism. Here are some of the small wins we've had so far:
- We partnered with our friends at Wolkat group to produce our 100% recycled custom Steerage fabric
- We ditched our fancy packaging and developed a 100% recycled dust bag that can double as a laundry bag (or whatever else you want to use it for)
- We don't use any chemicals in our leather coloring process, it's all natural vegetable dye
- We partnered with our Moroccan manufacturer to come up with a zero-waste plan - all accessories are made from leftover leather from the bigger bags
- We're starting a program to give back to our manufacturing community in Tangier, Morocco